Sunday, May 13, 2012
Favorite Speech
My favorite speech was by far the informative speech. Providing an audience with information that I was interested in felt very comfortable, like teaching. There was no pressure to persuade, to do a demo, or to get anything accomplished other then teaching the audience about a subject. I really liked both of our speeches that used power point. Dimming the lights so the power points were easier to see made me feel way more at ease. Also having the slides as another focus for the audience to look at, other than me, made me much less nervous. The challenge with the informative speech was being able to get my points across in a short amount of time. I imagine teachers deal with this all the time, being able to lecture on a subject within class time constraints. It was also difficult to keep my content strictly informative and not persuasive, which the book gave some pointers on doing. It was interesting how each speech was so different in how I felt about them. I was nervous every time, but definitely the least with informative. As an audience member I enjoyed the informative speeches the best also. I liked seeing what people in the class find important enough to tell an audience about. I would say I learned a lot from everyone's speeches!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment